M P L S
MPLS PROVIDES A CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM DESIGNED TO SUPPORT MODERN CONVERGED NETWORKS – WITH MANY ADVANTAGES INCLUDING:
- A dedicated built-in level of network security.
- Any-to-any connectivity, including voice, data, and video conferencing.
- Scalability to support both large and small VPN deployments and to enable connectivity to multiple sites.
- High flexibility with strength in disaster recovery. For example, MPLS networks are more robust and better able to cope with the loss of a single processing center.
- Easily allows for deployment of value-added features, including CoS (Class of Service) allowing you to assign different priorities to voice, transaction processing, video and other data.
Usually, MPLS Circuit costs consist of two parts: the (T1, Ethernet, DS3, or whatever) circuit cost plus the cost of the MPLS service. The MPLS service pricing varies among the different carriers. It could be around $100 per circuit or twice that depending on exactly which MPLS services are required.